Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Housekeeping and Formalities

I am a personified fabulous state. I'm always wandering about in some frenzy, late for everything (thus the word "state"), with a confident style and a whimsical aura surrounding me, and forever considering what's next on my many lists. I'm discovering the world which encompasses my busy existence and trying to create a sense of permanence (but not too much stability, one must keep things fresh and vibrant!) of some sort while I'm at it. 


Last summer, Elizabeth Gilbert's memoir "Eat, Pray, Love" saved my life. Although I'm an actress I promise that statement was not me being over dramatic. It inspired me and gave me a perspective that I so desperately needed. Since finishing the book (and highlighting hundreds of my favorite quotes with post-it notes) I decided that I too might benefit from some international exposure. From there, I was presented with an opportunity to attend a Communications Studies (one of my university majors) field school in Conegliano, Italy in May 2011.


I began putting the details into place, and with a few sprinkles of financial fortune coupled with determination and some blessings from the unknown along the way, I'm now preparing to leave for Italy. For the next month I'll be getting lost with myself in beautiful Venice, and I've decided it's about time I create some sort of memoir to store and share my experiences, thoughts, and curiosities with my family and friends back home, and also to keep track of various components of the international communications courses I'll be completing throughout the next month.


If you're a friend or family member who is interested in virtually accompanying me to Italy then feel free to follow the blog and look for my updates via Facebook. I'm hoping to write as daily as I can, and also planning to insert some creative tidbits (poetry, writings, and photos) for you all to enjoy as you devour the delicious details of my travels.


Thank you to EVERYONE who provided encouragement and advice (especially Sharon Sinnott, David King, and Christina Fabretto) for me while I was in consistent preparation (and utter confusion) trying to work out all the details.


I leave St.John's this Saturday at 12pm and I will return on June 5th just in time for my 21st birthday on the 6th. Once I return, I'll continue to use this blog to document my last year of undergraduate studies and all of the wonderful plans I have for myself and subsequently, my future. You will also see excerpts of scripts I'm working on pop up occasionally to provide your lives with some genuine around-the-bay comic relief. Bride and Agnes can't wait to meet you. ;)


As an conclusion to this post and a commencement to this blog, I'll leave you with a personal quote:


"Sometimes, the world is more inspiring when you're alone in it for a bit."




I hope my writing is filled with enough vividness and emotion that you all feel like you're right there with me (except when I'm in the shower, I prefer to take those alone) tasting and experiencing every morsel of the next month. If you're up for this, be aware that you will be drinking copious amounts of virtual wine, and probably consuming more pizza and pasta than any human should. Here's to all the flavors and indulgences that the next 31 days will surprise us with...




Attraversiamo e ciao!


-Jess -xox-



3 comments:

  1. can't wait to follow your journey jess :) I am unbelievably happy that you're taking the plunge and going abroad for the month. I also wish wish wish I was going along with you...italy would never be the same...

    I lovayou more than you know. <3
    la buona fortuna bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Jess! Your such a beautiful writer and person ; bringing Italy to the people of home! Keep taking it in darling! Love you...ps, if one of those charming good looking men can fit in ur suitcase, feel free to help out a friend!=) Have a blast! Love you! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies! I love you both with all of my heart and soul <3 xoxox

    ReplyDelete